The official Nova Rock App is your perfect CompanionCompanion
Mehr zu Companion ... for the festival. The app provides you with any information you may want to know about the Nova Rock. You will have direct access to the festival map, all time tables and various information about the artists. Any time and wherever you are.
If you dont want to miss a thing, you can mark & safe your favorite bands the Nova Rock app will then generate a personalized time table and will notify you about the performance start on time.
App for 2017 is coming soon.
In times of questionable political decisions regarding the raise of V.A.T. and the obligation to use a cash register, we were finally confronted with the challenge to find the best solution for our guests attending Nova Rock Festival. After ample consideration of all our choices we will go the way lots of other European festivals have already gone: There will be no more cash in use at Nova Rock Festival. Payments will solely be made with a card. Further information here: www.novarock.at/cashlessfaqs
Please be informed that the minimum age for the Nova Rock festival is 8 years.
The Youth Protection Act (Jugendschutzgesetz) of Burgenland applies.
There are no discounts for children of 10 years and older.
Damage, injury and theft
The organizer/promoter cannot be held liable for any damage, injury or theft at the festival area (parking lot, camping and caravan area, core area, etc.)
- Tickets for disabled people are available at the Oeticket Hotline - 0900-9496096 ( 1,09/min).
- A separate parking lot is provided and is located on the VIP parking lot.
- There will be a disabled camping area with adapted toilets. Access to the disabled camping area can only be granted to people holding a special ticket for disabled persons plus one accompanying person.
- A viewing platform for disabled people is located at both main stages (Blue and Red Stage). Access is only granted to people holding a special ticket for disabled persons plus one accompanying person.
- Our security personnel and the paramedics will help you with any assistance you might need.
- Fire department: (+43) 122
- Police: (+43) 133
- Ambulance: (+43) 144
Report any fire hazard to the local authorities. In case of fire, contact the fire department and the local authorities immediately, regardless of if the fire seems small or is already extinguished.
First aid points and paramedics are situated at both main stages as well as at the campsite and the caravan area.
The Red Cross and about 100 paramedics and doctors from different states of Austria are working daily at the festival area. The first-aid points at the campsite as well as the ambulance will be available 24 hours a day. The Red Cross stations at the Blue and the Red Stage will be operating during the performance.
Here some advice that may help you to avoid emergency visits:
- sun protection wear a cap to avoid sunstroke, use sunscreen to prevent sunburn
- rain protection weather conditions can be unpredictable
- warm clothes it could get cold at night
- solid shoes since the festival area is on grassland, the ground is not fully even. Therefore, please wear solid shoes to prevent ankle injuries.
Health & well-being
- Dont forget to drink enough non-alcoholic beverages at least two to three liters (there are free drinking fountains at the festival site!)
- Take a break - a festival can be exhausting, dont overexert yourself and take a rest every now and then.
- Ear protection - we advise you to use ear plugs when standing in front of the stage or close to speakers (you can get free ear plugs at several points at the festival site!)
- Dont forget to bring headache pills and a sufficient amount of your prescribed medication.
- To treat minor injuries, bring a small first-aid kit including band-aids, a tweezer, etc.
- Please note that the Red Cross does not provide any kind of contraceptives or the morning-after pill.
Medication prescribed by our doctors can be ordered directly at the festival site.
Our MED-Shuttle operates daily and will get the needed medication for you. A prescription charge and a service fee will be charged in advance.
Medication brought along can be stored in a refrigerator at the Red Cross station on the campsite.
The Red Cross will help you with any kind of incidents and is available around the clock. Please do not hesitate to ask them if you need help!
Please download the house rules here:
Since the Nova Rock festival site is located close to the Hungarian border, we would like to point out that entering and trespassing is only allowed when carrying a valid passport or identity card. When entering Hungarian national territory, Hungarian Law will be applied in regards to any violation of law.
Information / Lost & Found
The information desk / Lost & Found point are located between the campsite and party zone on the right side of the gates. If you need any information about the festival or the bus and train schedule, you can get it there. The information desk is also accessible from the campsite.
In case of rain you can get a rain poncho there as well.
Lost objects not claimed during the festival can be collected at the town hall Nickelsdorf from Tuesday 14 June.
Phone: +43 (0) 21 46 / 22 01
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 12:00 noon.
Parking lot, Caravan area, Silent & Clean Caravan area and Campsite:
- Opens: Wednesday, 14 June from 06:00 am
- Closes: Sunday, 18 June at 12:00 noon
- You will be able to access and camp at the area during this period.
- Please note that extra charges will apply for an earlier check-in and access to the camping and caravan area.
In response to high demand, we will offer Early Camping & Caravan on Tuesday, 13 June from 4:00 pm. Here some information:
- Starting on Tuesday, 13 June at 4:00 pm
- Early Camping per person 20
- Early Caravan per caravan space 40
- Note: There will be no special trains on Tuesday, 13 June. Bear in mind that regular scheduled trains have a limited capacity. Please also be informed that there are no shuttle busses to the festival area on Wednesday, meaning you might have to take a taxi from the train station to the festival area
Ticket deposit (Musicticket, VIP, guests, press)
Check-in tent: festival wristbands
Wednesday from 06:00 am to Saturday 12:00 midnight, open around the clock
Core area Blue Stage
Core area Red Stage
VOLUME Grill&Chill Area
Singer Songwriter Stage
Wiener Café (at the Volume Grill & Chill Area)
VIP - Area
Greißlerei (camping grocery store):
Nova Rock Webshop pick-up of pre-orders
Caravan beverage booth:
Info / Lost & Found
Comfort showers & toilets
- Camping outside the designated camping areas is strictly prohibited.
- Children under 8 years of age are not permitted to enter the festival site!
- Gas cartridges
- Gas bottles
- Flammable liquids
- Open fire (you can barbecue at the Volume Grill & Chill Area powered by Hofer)
- Any kind of cooking devices & grills
- Bulky waste (sofa, couch, plywood, etc.)
- Digging holes is strictly forbidden!
- Beer crates, beer tables, benches or any kind of other bulky items
- Bicycles and motorbikes
- Weapons or weapon-like objects, any kind of fireworks
- Selfiesticks are prohibited at the core area.
- Any right wing extremist flags or banners
Rules & Regulations
- By entering the festival site, the visitor agrees to follow the house rules.
- No liability is accepted for damage, injuries or theft at the campsite.
- Parking is at your own risk. The regulations of the StVO (Road Traffic Act) apply at the parking site
- Instructions of the security staff must be followed any time.
- Camping and access to the camping area is only allowed if holding a valid Nova Rock ticket.
- No access is granted for children under the age of 8!
- Camping is included with both the festival pass and the day pass.
- Camping is only allowed in designated camping areas.
- Please do not block roads, escape routes and emergency exits.
- BBQ: If you want to have a barbecue, you can use our available grills at the Volume Grill & Chill Area powered by Hofer. You can either bring your own food or buy barbecue food at the festival site. It is strictly prohibited to start a campfire or set off an open fire at the Grill & Chill Area. Thus, please do not bring your own grill. For further information about our Volume Grill & Chill Area powered by Hofer please see Food and drink.
- Party tent: For environmental and security reasons we do not advise you to pitch a party tent (marquee). However, if you decide to bring one, please share it with other visitors and make sure that it covers at least 50% of your sleeping tent.
- Tents: Please do not leave your tent at the campsite after the festival is over. It will help to reduce pollution and save you money.
- Cleanliness: Keep the environment and camping area clean!
- Wind turbines: For safety reasons, stay away from the wind turbines!
Due to unpredictable weather conditions during an open-air event unexpected safety procedures (e.g. performance interruption, evacuation) might take place. Any important safety announcements will be communicated through loudspeaker and by the security personnel. Instructions given by the security personnel must be followed strictly!
Shelter during a thunderstorm
In case of thunderstorms and dangerous lightning we advise all festival visitors to proceed to their cars. Also, please help others and give them shelter in case of need.
The festival area is located at a sensitive and unique natural area. In order to protect nature and keep the camping areas as clean as possible, each camper will receive a trash bag and a receipt for a deposit of 10 upon arrival. The idea is to turn in your receipt with at least a half-full bag when you leave and get your deposit in exchange. Deposits can be claimed starting from Saturday 4:00 pm until Monday 12:00 noon. If you arrive with a tent or backpack, you will be charged a deposit, regardless of your type of ticket.
Please help us to protect the environment and keep the camping area clean!